Tire Meets Road is a car blog bringing you car news and entertainment you probably won’t find anywhere else.
Paulo Acoba- pays the hosting & types the words
Formerly from Examiner.com, CBS Sacramento, and Fansided’s ArtofGears.com where I wrote about anything auto. Got an expensive piece of paper from UC Merced A.K.A. a B.S. in Management. As a resident of the Central Valley, I’ve seen the gamut of car culture from local drifting to the World Touring Car Championship. If it has wheels and is in motion, I’ll write some words about it for the internet.
Cited or referenced in-
- Road & Track –Acura Considering First-Gen NSX Restoration Program
- Motor Trend– Owner of Super Loud BMW Sued by Neighbors for Disturbing Their Peace
- Car and Driver – Someone Managed to Put Nearly 250,000 Miles on a 2022 Honda Civic
- Autoblog – There’s a Nissan Juke hiding in plain sight on Cambodian money
- Drive Australia – More than 30,000 people don’t know this is Kia’s new logo
- SlashGear- Car Tech That Is A Total Waste Of Money
- Task & Purpose- Millions of troops cry out in horror as Dodge announces end of the Charger and Challenger
- Hackaday – ASK HACKADAY: WHY DO SELF DRIVING CARS KEEP CAUSING TRAFFIC JAMS?
- Snopes– Pic of Gas Generator Charging Tesla Wasn’t Shot in U.S.
- Lehto’s Law– BMW Owner Ordered to Pay Neighbors for Being Too Loud
- Louis Rossman– You are NOT permitted to open the hood on your OWN CAR!
- Houston Chronicle’s Preview- Premiere: Amanda Solis celebrates her ‘trokita’ with ‘Mamalona’
- Auto Body News (Print Jan. 2019)- Toyota To Replace Burned Tundra as a Thank You to Brave Nurse in CA
- The Sacramento Bee- ‘Astonishingly awful’: Sacramento TV reporter bashed after jumping on classic cars
- Washington Free Beacon- AOC’s Tesla parked illegaly outside Whole Foods in Posh DC Neighborhood
- Car Bibles– California Will Start Checking for ECU Tuning In Smog Checks This Month
- Jalopnik – The Tropical Cabines Tropiclassic Is A Strange Vehicle That Serves A Specific Purpose
- Car Throttle– The Curious Case Of A Deleted Audi Commercial That Features Walter Rohrl And Doug DeMuro
- Portland Mercury – Why Do Portland Police Keep Slashing Protesters’ Tires?
- Fox News – Local California CBS reporter fired after jumping on damaging cars during live news segment
- California Department of Consumer Affairs– What’s That Sound, or Where’s Your Catalytic Converter?
- Motor1.com – Confirmed: Acura ILX Is Dead After 2022 In Favor Of New Integra
- GM Authority.com –Electric Chevrolet Camaro Drift Car Won’t Race This Weekend
- The Truth About Cars – It’s Frustrating Times for Owners of Hydrogen-powered Cars
- Kotaku – This Hero Shot A ’90s Themed Car Show With A Game Boy Camera
- Bloomberg (mentioned) – After Comments Controversy, Founder of Car Site Petrolicious Steps Down
- Nikki Swift- Reporters Who Ruined Their Careers In A Matter Of Seconds
- Auto Evolution- Toyota Replaces Hero Medic’s FJ Cruiser After Fort Worth 133-Vehicle Pileup
- …and others.
Questions and how to contribute
If you have questions, fill out the form below.
If you’d like to contribute to Tire Meets Road, I’m open to freelancers writing a tire review with a make and model tire that you used or have experience with. I’m particularly interested if it’s a value brand tire (Laufenn, Hankook, Cosmo etc.) I’ll be looking for what you thought were the tire’s strengths and weaknesses and your overall opinion. Message me via comment below.
If you’d like to contribute regularly, I’m currently not looking for bloggers, but I’m not closed to the idea, either. If you’re interested in writing between 350-500 word blog posts, please contact me via the comment section below with three off-the-wall (skews sensational) and not previously covered stories you found on the internet worth blogging about. In other words, I should not be able to Google the story and find someone’s already wrote about it.