Grapevine updates and how you can find out if it’s closed below! Updated when weather is bad.
Courtesy updates via TireMeetsRoad
- Oct. 11, 2019 7:30 P.M. PST– GRAPEVINE IS OPEN BUT PARTS OF I-5 ARE CLOSED
As of 7:15pm:
NB 5 & NB 405 at Rte 118
NB & SB 5 truck route closed.
SB 14 at Newhall Ave
WB 210 at Rte 118
EB 210 at Rte 5
SB 5 / NB 5 to NB 14
SB 5 to EB 210
EB 118 to WB 210
SB 5 to EB 210
— Caltrans District 7 (@CaltransDist7) October 12, 2019
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
THE SOUTHBOUND CONNECTOR TO EASTBOUND I 210 /IN LOS ANGELES/ (LOS ANGELES CO) – DUE TO A BRUSH FIRE – MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
THE NORTHBOUND CONNECTOR TO NORTHBOUND SR 14 /IN LOS ANGELES/ (LOS ANGELES CO) IS CLOSED – DUE TO A BRUSH FIRE – MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
A HIGH WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM THE LOS ANGELES/KERN CO LINE TO 25 MI SOUTH OF BAKERSFIELD /AT LAVAL ROAD/ (KERN CO) /THE GRAPEVINE/ – TRAVEL IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CAMPERS, TRAILERS OR PERMIT LOADS
[IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC IS REDUCED TO 2 LANES FROM SISKIYOU AVE OVERCROSSING /IN DUNSMUIR/ TO 2.5 MI SOUTH OF MT SHASTA /AT THE DUNSMUIR GRADE TRUCK INSPECTION FACILITY/ (SISKIYOU CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 2359 HRS ON 10/18/19 – DUE TO CONSTRUCTION – MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 15 MINUTES
SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC IS REDUCED TO 1 LANE FROM 2.5 MI SOUTH OF MT SHASTA /AT THE DUNSMUIR GRADE TRUCK INSPECTION FACILITY/ TO SACRAMENTO RIVER BRIDGENES OVERCROSSING /IN DUNSMUIR/ (SISKIYOU CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 2359 HRS ON 10/18/19 – DUE TO CONSTRUCTION – MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 15 MINUTES
Official sources for you to find an update.
- Caltrans District 7
- California Department of Transporation (Search for “5”)
- Alternatively, you can call Calif. DOT at 1-800.427.7623
- CHP Fort Tejon Grapevine via Facebook.
- CHP Central Division via Twitter.
- CHP LA County via Twitter
- Caltrans District 6 via Twitter
Unofficial sources for you to find an update.
- Instagram locations (Search for Grapevine, California) Often people will post what conditions look like on social media. If there’s traffic, snow, etc. but official updates still say the roads are open, you’ll know that you probably CAN go but should be cautious.
- Another great place to look online is Google maps which uses real live traffic data from people’s smartphones to determine if there’s an accident in the area or not. Here’s a link to a set of directions between Bakersfield and Anaheim which shows that the Grapevine is open in the Northbound lane.
- If you have Waze, you’ll get real-time information from other travelers there.
- Local Radio- If you’re near the Grapevine there should be signs with radio stations that give updates on conditions ahead of the Grapevine.
If you need information ASAP and want someone to talk too, don’t hesitate to call CHP at their non-emergency number 1-800-835-5247.
If you’re having a real emergency, call 911.
Travel safe, my friends. Drive slow and enjoy the California roads.