Grapevine updates and how you can find out if it’s closed below! Updated when weather is bad.
Courtesy updates via TireMeetsRoad
- Feb. 22, 2019 3:30 P.M. PST– GRAPEVINE IS OPEN BUT PROCEED WITH CAUTION. CHANCE OF ICY ROADS
Northbound I5 is now also being let over the Grapevine.
— CHP Central Division (@CHPCentralDiv) February 21, 2019
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS AROUND THE GRAPEVINE REPORTED.
Official sources for you to find an update.
- California Department of Transporation (Search for “5”)
- Alternatively, you can call Calif. DOT at 1-800.427.7623
- CHP Fort Tejon Grapevine via Facebook.
- CHP Central Division via Twitter.
- CHP LA County via Twitter
- Caltrans District 6 via Twitter
Unofficial sources for you to find an update.
- Instagram locations (Search for Grapevine, California) Often people will post what conditions look like on social media. If there’s traffic, snow, etc. but official updates still say the roads are open, you’ll know that you probably CAN go but should be cautious.
- Another great place to look online is Google maps which uses real live traffic data from people’s smartphones to determine if there’s an accident in the area or not. Here’s a link to a set of directions between Bakersfield and Anaheim which shows that the Grapevine is open in the Northbound lane.
- If you have Waze, you’ll get real-time information from other travelers there.
- Local Radio- If you’re near the Grapevine there should be signs with radio stations that give updates on conditions ahead of the Grapevine.
If you need information ASAP and want someone to talk too, don’t hesitate to call CHP at their non-emergency number 1-800-835-5247.
If you’re having a real emergency, call 911.
Travel safe, my friends. Drive slow and enjoy the California roads.